One of my new favorite blogs, Country Road Abode, recently nominated me for a Liebster Award! It is an informal way for bloggers to learn more about each other, discover new blogs, and perhaps gain a few new readers in the process. I have always been a fan of those silly personality surveys on social networking sites, so I had a ton of fun filling this out and reading the answers of other nominees.
1. What’s your favorite thing about where you live?
It’s very difficult to pick just one- Maine is wonderful! I love the terrain, with its vast forests, rolling hills, mountains, and lakes. Autumn is gorgeous, and summer has warm days but cool nights. I also love that even the ‘big’ cities are pretty small.
2. What is your favorite post you’ve ever written? (leave a link!)
Simple is as Simple Does, which is about how the ‘simple life’ is anything but.
3. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I have wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I have notebooks of poetry from when I was just eight years old, complete with acceptance speeches for, I don’t know, my Pulitzer? I apparently thought very highly of my ‘work’.
4. What was the first blog you started reading?
Orangette. I loved it so much, I went back and read it from the very beginning. It’s actually what inspired me to start my own food blog.
5. What movie do you think should have a sequel?
Big Night. It’s one of my favorite movies, and, though I adore the way it ends, I would love to see what happens later on.
6. If you could be a member of any TV-sitcom family or group, which would it be?
The Andy Griffith Show, though not necessarily a member of the family, just a resident in the town. I had originally thought Father Knows Best, as it’s one of my all-time favorites, but I think I might go insane if Betty was my sister.
7. What’s your favorite song?
Yikes! I know it’s cheating, but I cannot pick just one- anything by Glenn Miller.
8. What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
Customer Service Rep for an insurance company. Eight hours a day on the phone talking to doctor’s offices. I do not like being on the phone, especially when forced to talk to people I don’t know who are frustrated and rude. As an absolute introvert, this was pretty much my worst nightmare.
9. Do you collect anything?
This is probably really strange, but I sort of collect boxes. I like vintage-y, interesting ones that look like they should hold tiny treasures, like an old pocket watch, some foreign coins and a string of pearls. Their the kind of boxes you would see in a movie, tucked into the corner of an attic and covered in dust, most certainly containing a mysterious journal or old family photographs.
10. What is the best compliment anyone has ever given you?
“Do you have any idea how much you inspire me?? You are my idol. When I grow up and get married I wanna be just like YOU.” From my sister-in-law, and yes, it made me cry. J
11. How far away from your birthplace do you live now?
About three hours.
2. If you could switch places with someone for a day, who would it be?
3. Where would you most like to travel?
4. What is your fondest memory involving food?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. Who do you consider a role model?
7. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
So there you have it! It’s been a lot of fun putting this together, and I can’t wait to read the responses! Thanks again for the nomination, Country Road Abode!